This ALL-NEW model kit recreates the British Cruiser Tank A34 Comet in 1/35 scale! At the end of WWII, the British Army developed the Comet – which became a base of later British Army tanks such as the Centurion - as a counter for the powerful German Tiger and Panther tanks. With the hull design based upon the structure of the existing armored cruiser tank Cromwell, the Comet employed a larger turret with a powerful 17-pounder gun. The Comet first saw action in Operation Varsity in March 1945, and around 900 including ones produced after WWII were built.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 219mm, width: 88mm.
• The vertical-plane hull features box style assembly – accurately assembled with two bulkheads like the actual tank - so as not to disturb sculpture and shape.
• Features realistic renderings of front hull and turret cast surfaces, and gun shield canvas cover surface.
• Clear parts are included to render searchlight on turret left side.
• Assembly type tracks have one-piece straight sections.
• Choose from one-piece or two-piece (right and left) split type of the engine exhaust cover “Normandy Cowling’’.
• Includes two torso figures to depict crew with winter clothes.
• Comes with a choice of two marking options to recreate 11th Armored Division tanks which saw action during WWII.