Keeping Things Running
A field maintenance unit was usually present in a typical WWII German Army division. Equipped with tools such as an A-frame crane, compressors, jacks and a variety of welding materials, they were tasked with keeping all-important vehicles moving and contributing to the cause.
They typically moved together with the combat units they serviced, flitting around the front in their vital back-up role.
About the Model
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit recreating a WWII German field maintenance team and their equipment.
- Set depicts a variety of equipment from A-frame crane, work table and compressor to various drum cans, jerry cans, gas cylinders and other tools.
- Enameled wire and nylon string are included for use in recreating wire and cables.
- A fine metal chain is included for use with the A-frame crane.
- Two figures realistically depict crew members hard at work.
- Combine this set with any 1/35 scale WWII German vehicle for a fine diorama.
*Crane, compressor and other equipment parts are a product of Italeri.
Tamiya Color Paints for finishing the German Field Maintenance Team & Equipment Set
- X-10 Gun Metal
- XF-1 Flat Black
- XF-2 Flat White
- XF-6 Copper
- XF-15 Flat Flesh
- XF-49 Khaki
- XF-58 Olive Green
- XF-63 German Grey
- XF-65 Field Grey
- XF-84 Dark Iron
- XF-85 Rubber Black